Governor Abbott, has been defending the moral and ethical freedoms of a bunch of scared, angry old white Christian men, and declared that it was time for Texas to defend the rest of America. Just in case there is any confusion about what he means, between him and Attorney General Paxton and their once every two years Texas leaders, here is a summary of what they have or are bringing you America.
- You can’t know what dangerous chemicals and materials are being stored near your home or your childrens school. Even though the State knows, you have to go ask every commercial and industrial facility individually.
- Your city can be usurped on it’s decision NOT to allow fracking within it’s limits. Why? Because Texas(read the legislator) is funded by the Oil and Gas Industry.
- If you are a Senator or Congressman, you get to be tried for ethics violations by the people that put you there, rather than in the place you commit the crime. Good job there is no such thing as the Texas ol’ boy network.
- We are doing everything we can to defend the real meaning of marriage, where men are men, and women are either scared, or at home in the kitchen.
- We are making it as hard as possible to get an abortion, not matter how the child was conceived. In a country bigger than Germany there are now less facilities than there are in single cities elsewhere in the world.
- You can’t buy a Tesla electric vehicle, because hey, everyone loves buying cars from franchise dealerships.
- Where Texas is so far ahead on self driving vehicles, we’ve decided to pass a legal framework that is saying you can have self-driving our way, based on our requirements. Kinda like buying a Tesla then?
- Texas isn’t a place where we need high speed trains, apparently because everyone wants to waste time at DFW in storms, or on I35 in road works, because hey, the Politicians only get together every 2-years, so why do you need to move more quickly?
- Where you can carry a gun with an appropriate license, like they did a 100-years ago. And well, because it gets hot in Texas and no one wants to wear a jacket to conceal their weapon.
- We are progressive enough to offer the public to send their kids to a private school, but its not a voucher program and won’t cause people to flee from public to private fee/profit schools, no of course not.
- We are announcing the closure of various State run residential homes, with no announced replacements and we’d never farm the residents out on no-bid private contracts and sell off the land, would we?
- We are ensuring Texas is, and America would, not even discuss making weed legal, because we’ve still got a high number of counties where you can’t buy liquor
- and of course, you don’t have to worry about pesky “big government overreach”, so if you don’t want to pay equal wages for men and women, you don’t have to.
- And where we are a leader in Private prisons. A Texas town strikes private prison deal, then it all goes wrong.
- And finally, despite the total mess Indiana made of its’ religious freedom act, Texas is here to show to do it right with House Bill 357.
If you hanker for the 1950’s, Texas is bringing them back a fast as they can. The Old Christian White guys shouldn’t be afraid of change though, they keep getting voted back in. So, that’s alright then.